CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY AT FCPT
Our commitment to corporate responsibility, built on a strong foundation of transparent disclosure and best-in-class governance, creates value for FCPT and our stockholders by helping us mitigate and guarantee board oversight of material risks, effectively communicate with our investors, and retain our talented employees. We set goals for our company and continuously review our internal policies to advance progress in the areas of employee retention, employee wellbeing, and sustainability.
We believe that our commitment to corporate responsibility creates a sustainable competitive advantage in achieving our over-arching goal of generating superior risk adjusted shareholder returns over the long term. For more information on our views related to corporate responsibility, please read “The Character of the Corporation – Stop Fighting ESG“.
Corporate Responsibility Statement
Creating a desirable work environment requires a multi-faceted approach. At FCPT we:
- Are committed to pursuing the most talented and ethical people for every position
- We encourage and provide our employees with ample opportunity for professional development and training
- Promote a supportive infrastructure where employees can do their best work
- Provide economic incentives that lead to wealth creation aligned with our shareholders
- Treat everyone throughout the company with honesty and respect, including providing anti-harassment and diversity, equity and inclusion training to all employees, including management
- Manage our policies and operational controls relating to the health and safety of our employees and social risks facing the Company with our “ESG Committee” made up of the CEO and several dedicated employees, which meets quarterly and reports to our Board
If we accomplish our goal, we will have low employee turnover, high morale, long-tenured expertise, and team members who are also significant owners.
FCPT is committed to providing a safe, positive and engaging work environment for our team members. In addition, we have a commitment to being an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation and Health Benefits
Our employees are awarded compensation in line with those of our peers, including generous healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision), participation in a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution from FCPT, and restricted stock awards.
The health and wellbeing of our team members is one of the cornerstones to our successful operations. Additional benefits and wellness efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Weekly team lunches and healthy food options
- A commitment to sound office ergonomics, including standing desks for employees
- Paid Parental Leave program
- Flexible working schedules
- Bicycle storage space for commuters
- Additional benefits include One Medical and Headspace memberships, and an on-site Peloton
Development and Training
Finding and retaining talented employees is integral to the successful execution of our company’s business strategy. An important aspect is an ongoing performance review process for all team members as well as competency-based training to continue developing our talent. The company performs annual 360-degree reviews of management conducted by a third party who reports to our Board’s Compensation Committee.
The company strives to offer employees the appropriate resources to position them for success within the company. Examples of such training and development opportunities include:
- Group learning sessions; recent examples include presentation skills and negotiation strategies
- Tuition assistance for certain education programs
- Executive and officer-level individual coaching and training
- Reimbursement for online and in-person courses for professional and technical education, licenses, certificates, and/or advanced degrees
- Internship program
- Anti-Corruption, Anti-Harassment, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training to all employees, including management
- Annual goal setting process and ongoing development meetings with management
We continuously evaluate our current operations, strive to improve our environmental performance, and implement sustainable business practices.
Our focus on sustainability is demonstrated by how we manage our day-to-day activities at our offices in Mill Valley, California and how we operate our business. To ensure we are paying attention to sustainability issues we:
- Review material environmental risks of our property acquisitions and business with the Board every quarter
- We consider a variety of environmental and social issues when underwriting potential acquisitions, including by reviewing both the property itself and the business practices of the potential tenant
- Conduct extensive environmental due diligence prior to acquiring any property, and only purchase properties free of environmental issues
- Power down all office equipment and lighting at the end of the day
- Encourage all employees to participate in our recycling program, which includes the recycling of all waste paper products, glass, metal, and electronic wastes, ink cartridges, batteries, cell phones and office equipment
- Offer multiple trip reduction programs designed to reduce our employees’ carbon footprints, including providing awards to employees for taking alternative uses of transportation and allowing the use of pre-tax earnings for costs related to commuting via public transportation
- Manage our environmental opportunities, risks and programs with our “ESG Committee” made up of the CEO and several dedicated employees, which meets quarterly; this team reports to our Board, and is tasked with monitoring our environmental performance and facilitating our environmental sustainability efforts
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT POLICY
We maintain a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling FCPT’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. FCPT does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, it is the policy of FCPT to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works.
We are committed to a diverse workplace, including gender equality, throughout our entire corporate structure from employees to senior management to the Board. We also regularly conduct trainings to educate our employees on various issues, including sexual harassment and diversity. We partner with an unaffiliated vendor to monitor a confidential and secure online and telephonic reporting structure whereby our employees may report, among other things, any issues with discrimination – since FCPT’s founding, we have received zero reports of complaints.
GOVERNANCE AND COMPANY POLICIES
We have adopted a Human Rights Policy, Supplier Code of Conduct, Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy, Anti-Human Trafficking Policy, and Child Labor Policy. Full text of which can be found here.
What is FCPT’s address and phone number?
591 Redwood Highway, Suite 3215, Mill Valley, CA 94941
Where is FCPT’s common stock listed?
Four Corners Property Trust, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol FCPT.
For more detailed stock information, please visit our Investors page.
Does FCPT pay a dividend?
Information concerning FCPT’s historical dividends is located on the Tax Documents page of the our website.
Who should I contact with questions about my stock?
If you are a registered shareholder with shares held in your name rather than through a brokerage firm, information about your shares can be found by visiting Broadridge.
Select Create Profile to begin the authentication process and set up an account to access your share and account information.
Once you are logged into the Broadridge portal, you can:
- Obtain tax forms and information
- Update dividend payment information to receive via direct deposit instead of check
- View and print historical transaction information
- Change your mailing address
Beneficial holders (shares held through a brokerage account) should contact their broker on all administrative matters.
Does FCPT offer e-delivery of shareholder materials?
Yes. In order to minimize our use of paper, reduce costs associated with mailing documents, and provide convenience for our shareholders, you may elect to receive your dividends, proxy statement, and any other related shareholder materials through the internet. To opt into e-delivery of shareholder materials, please follow the instructions above to log into your Broadridge account and make the election.
How can I request additional information from FCPT?
You can contact us via our Information Request page.
Bay Area Office
591 Redwood Hwy
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Tel: (415) 965-8030